Wednesday, June 30, 2010

23 Weeks

Here are TWO belly pics. I've not been afraid to post a naked belly it just hadn't reached that point.... until now.



 Hubby says it looks like I'm pushing it out, trust me, that's the last thing I want - it looking bigger. I learned this week that Baby P is the size of a large mango and my uterus is the size of a soccer ball..... I'm pretty sure my belly looks bigger than a soccer ball. Either way back to why it looks like I'm pushing out the belly - notice how much my back curves. Yes, I have a shelf butt, always have, always will and that's why I've been going to a chiropractor these last couple of weeks. Not only do I have minor curvature in my lower spine but it causes my pelvis to rotate forward. I was like this before pregnancy and have attempted therapy to help correct the problem. Now with the added belly weight its tilting even more and putting more strain on my hamstrings, lower back, and hips.

So as I did with my previous ailment to Google I go. I researched chiropractic therapy for pregnancy. There are a number of great benefits of chiropractic therapy during pregnancy. Since our bodies are getting pulled every which way it helps bring our bodies closer to that original state and allows our bodies to grow a little more pain free. There are also benefits during early stages of labor - getting an adjustment during early labor stages can help put the hips into better position for birth. Luckily I had another prego friend recommend an office. So I had an assessment and learned that I can receive chiropractic and massage therapy - all covered by my insurance (i pay a $15 co-pay per visit). I did look into other prenatal massage but its expensive to go often so key reminder to pregos - its possible to get your massage covered by insurance.

Like I said, I've been going for a couple of weeks now and the pain in my lower back and hips is becoming more manageable. The massage is not a glorified lotion rub its what I expected from a trained massage therapist - mostly deep tissue incorporate with sports massage techniques. I still haven't been going to the gym as much as I would have liked but the temp is Chicago is pretty cool at the moments so I've been taking afternoon walks at work. I'm starting to hit the 3 o'clock slump thus taking a walk helps get the blood and brain juices flowin' so I can stay on task....otherwise I'd definitely be face down on my keyboard.

For those wondering - Yes that's a tattoo on my hip and its actually starting to stretch.....yikes!

2 comments:

  1. What's the tattoo of? It doesn't look stretched out. Love the pics, naked belly or covered. You (or rather, your belly) look great! I'm glad the chiropracter is helping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHH Kelly! You look so great :) I love the lips tattoo!!!

    ReplyDelete