Thursday, September 16, 2010

6 Weeks to Go!!

It's been a while since I last updated the Prego Blog. Up til that point I have had quite an uneventful pregnancy which I am truly grateful for. I have now entered the last stage of...lets call it... DISCOMFORT so I don't scare all my friends who one day plan to have children of their own.

The issue with my back is not getting any better. I am still seeing the chiropractor twice a week and getting massages every other week. I expect to work up until I go into labor but if my back pain increases it may be the thing keeping me at home. I am really only comfortable laying down on my side. It mostly hurts when I am sitting which is what 99% of what my job requires. I try to stand, take short walks (loops around the cube farm), and sit reclined in my seat.

While on vacation I went through a rite of passage that seems to happen to a lot of pregos - I Broke a Toe! Yes, fell, went boom on my bum, and foot went into wall. I've broken a toe before and ran on it 3 days later. Its now been over a week and I am still very gimpy, just put on a tennis shoe for the first time last night since I was determined to work out, and have given up on wearing the boot and am back to flip flops. Having a broken toe when preggers is not fun, although I am grateful it was just my toe and not my foot.

We've finally settled on a name... but we're not telling. I did go to and order a monogrammed hat!

Fat feet, stiff hands..... Luckily I removed my rings in time. I haven't worn my engagement ring in months but was still wearing my wedding band. At 32 weeks the band had to go. I had a bit of a panic because I couldn't get it off. So I waited til I felt the least swollen, stuck my hand in ice water to help in shrinking the finger a bit more and was able to remove the band. I NEVER take off my wedding band thus was having these feelings of panic when I was washing my hands in a public place thinking the ring fell off. So I bought a $20 replacement. I bought it while on vacation and there were not many options. Its pretty ugly but oh well, I feel much better wearing it. The ring I bought was a size 7 and my band was a 5!

The nursery is coming along. The parents were in town this past week and Dad drove his truck so we could make a trip to Ikea. We've decided to put a sofa bed in the room so hubby can get some rest since Baby P will be sleeping in the Pack-N-Play for the first few months. We still can't paint due to issue out of my hands. The bedding has arrive so I am going to spend this weekend finally putting things away and getting it somewhat set up.

Sorry I don't have any pictures, I keep forgetting the memory card at home. I will try to remember (although my brain is oatmeal) and post some this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. You're so close!!!!! I can't wait to hear the name and see pictures! I am so sorry to hear about your back (and toe). Take it easy these last couple of weeks because once she arrives it's all business. :)